Terms & Conditions
Site Rules / Terms & Conditions
These site rules are in place for the good management of York South Caravan Camping Site and the benefit of all who use it. If you need help, advice or have any difficulties please ask. We are responsible for the smooth running of the site and want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Please make sure that anyone using the site is aware of the site rules.
To ensure that all enjoy their holiday, please follow the site's requests, all notices and instructions. Everyone's health and safety is important, so please take care of yourself on site. If anyone on site disregards these rules and disrupts the enjoyment of others, the management will take action and ultimately may ask them to leave the site. Compliance with our site rule’s / T&C's is a condition of staying and a condition of site usage.
For safeguarding of the site and for the wellbeing of other guests the site management have the right to refuse entry to the site where in the site staff's opinion a breach of out terms and conditions, health and safety and/or site rules may occur.
Arrival and departure:
- Arrival time on site is 12.30pm onwards and before 8.00pm (unless previously agreed by management). Departure please by 11.30am (unless late departure is agreed, a small fee is charged and is subject to availability)
- Please “check-in” using the Intercom located at the site entrance. Do not proceed to your allocated pitch until you have checked-in (a map of the site is displayed above the intercom).
- Anyone visiting someone staying on site will also need to check-in via the site entrance intercom. Please check with site staff as to where to park. A fee for visitors will be charged.
- On arrival please become familiar with the site's fire safety precautions and locations of fire points. On site there are clearly identified fire points, you will never be more than 30 metres from a fire point.
- You are responsible for the cleanliness of your pitch during your stay with us.
- You are responsible for leaving the area around your pitch clean and tidy, in the same state as when you arrived.
- The standard tariff includes a maximum occupancy of 2 adults and 3 children per unit (caravan motorhome, tent etc), additional guests are chargeable.
- Tents, caravans, motor homes, campervans are limited to one unit per pitch unless prior agreed with management.
- Tents are not permitted on caravan pitches.
- The maximum time you're allowed to stay on site is 21 consecutive nights, with a 2-night gap before you can return.
- If you have a motorhome and you're leaving the site for a while it is a good idea to mark your pitch and lock your electricity hook up with the combination padlock provided.
- You are solely responsible for securing your unit (Caravan, motorhome, tent etc.)
- Only people who are ‘booked-in’ have permission to enter the site without permission from management.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors and all occupiers of your Caravan / tent adhere to the site rules.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
- In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, your occupiers, visitors or guests, we will ask you to leave the site.
- If you experience any problem with the site’s electrical or water system, you should contact us. You must not attempt to work on any part of the site’s electrical or water system yourself; this includes any installations on the pitch.
Tents, awnings, Gazebos.
- On the caravan pitches, awnings can be erected provided the main outfit is occupied, but please keep them within your pitch area. Tents are not permitted, gazebos / other portable structures can only be erected with permission; this is to preserve the quality of the grass.
Trees and shrubs
- You must not cut any trees or hedges at the site. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
- Digging, you must not dig any hole at the site. Also, please do not allow your dogs to dig holes.
- You may only use washing lines of the rotary type or the window sill type and must remove them and store them out of sight immediately after use.
- You must site washing lines to avoid inconvenience to other caravan owners and site operations.
- We have 3 x Rotary washing lines available to borrow, located in the amenities block.
- A washing machine is available to use (chargeable), also located in the amenities. This is only for clothes, please do not use washing machines for dog / animal bedding.
Refuse / waste
- Please do not deposit refuse outside your Caravan or in the dog waste bins.
- Recycling facilities are available located in the amenities block, may we please request that guests help us to recycle as much waste as possible.
- If you need to use medical equipment which results in clinical waste you must provide your own safe means of disposal.
- Campers sometimes use Cat Litter or nappies etc. to absorb urine in their temporary tent toilets. Please do not dispose of this waste the Elsan sewage waste disposal facility as doing so will damage the sewage electric pumps meaning we will need to close the site. Please double bag this waste and put it into the refuse skip located at the amenities block.
- Only toilet paper can be disposed of down the toilets. Putting nappies, sanitary towels or wet wipes down the toilets or down the Elsan Waste facility WILL DAMMAGE the sewage pumps and close the site.
- Dog waste must only be disposed of in the bins provided. We provide dog waste bags on dispensers located throughout the site.
Vehicles, driving and parking
- We have a 5mph maximum speed limit on site.
- You must insure all vehicles you use on the site as for use on the public road.
- You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the site: major vehicle repairs such as dismantling of part(s) of the engine or works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
- Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the site without permission but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
- You must not wash cars with a hosepipe.
- Please observe the one-way system for vehicles on site.
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted on site.
- We permit cars onto the site for the purposes of access to the Caravan only. You must not drive cars around the site for other purposes such as visiting other locations on the site. Driving on the site is restricted to the site roads, please do not drive on the grass.
- You must drive all vehicles on the site carefully and within the displayed speed limit and using the one-way system.
- You must use the designated entrance and exits for the site. Under no circumstances must caravans leave via the entrance.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the site.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the site and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the site.
- You must not park anywhere except in the parking space allocated to your Caravan / tent / motor home.
- You may park not more than one car at the Caravan / tent and a maximum of two cars on the park. Please ask advice from management on where to park the second car (second car is chargeable). Tow cars with motorhomes are not chargeable.
- Please do not park on the grass as a hard standing is provided on all pitches, including tent pitches.
- You must not park on roadsides, access is needed at all times for other vehicles and emergency services.
- You should use the site safely and should not cause danger to others.
- On arrival we will make you aware of the location of fire / muster points, please ensure all members of you group are also aware of the locations.
- You should obey all health and safety notices displayed on the site and act on the reasonable instructions of site staff in matters of health and safety.
- Please make sure your electrical equipment complies with all the current Standards and Regulations and that any LPG system, installation or appliance is certified and within test. We are responsible for the safety of electrical hook-up points up to socket outlets and so all cables, plugs and all equipment connected to them are the customers responsibility.
- You must ensure all gas, electricity and water connections are switched off when not on site.
- To avoid the spread of fire, there must be at least 6 metres spacing between facing walls of adjacent caravans, motorhomes or tents and a minimum clear space of 3 metres between adjoining outfits in any direction.
- Site lighting comes on at dusk and goes off at about midnight. Lights by the Toilet block entrance and exit are all on dusk to dawn.
- Please ensure electric hook-up extension cables are not kept partly on the reel as this will cause the cable to heat up and is a fire hazard.
Sewage system contamination
- You must not introduce any foreign items into the sewage system including nappies, sanitary towels, any type of wet wipes/make-up/ toilet wipes, condoms etc. doing so will damage the sewage pumps meaning we will need to close the site.
Caravan Cassette Toilet additive:
- We only permit the use of GREEN, environmentally friendly toilet cassette additive. You must not use BLUE or PINK chemical toilet additive. Green additive is good for the environment (pink and blue are very harmful) though importantly using Green is a requirement of our local authority site licence! We appreciate that you may not have any of this with you and therefore we offer Green additive for sale in the amenities block. We treat sewage using a septic tank treatment plant, it is against the terms of out site licence to use Blue / Pink additives. Please help us with 100% compliance.
- You may only empty the contents of chemical closets / cassette toilet at the designated Elsan disposal point (outside the WC block) IMPORTANT, do not empty in the toilets.
You agree for yourself and all people who use York South Caravan Camping Site (including in each case children in their party) to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards everyone, including us, our staff, other customers of ours and users of other caravans and accommodation at the Site.
- You should respect the privacy of others & do not walk across other guests’ pitches. Please keep to roads & footpaths for navigating the site.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
- You should respect the privacy of other visitors and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9am and 10pm with absolute quiet between 10pm and 9am.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- You may only consume alcoholic drinks within the boundaries of your pitch.
- You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the site.
- You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
- You may ride bicycles, scooters (or similar) on site though not in a way that may cause a nuisance or undue noise. Consideration should always be given to other guests. Not to be used to commute around the site after 10pm.
- Parents are requested not to let their children congregate / play in or around the amenities block. Bicycles are not permitted in the amenities block or the path leading to it.
- Please make sure you, and your party respect the comfort and convenience of other site users, please don't behave in a way that is antisocial. We are a quiet site so please keep noise to a level considerate to others.
- Verbal or physical abuse won't be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave. Adults are responsible for their children's supervision at all times.
- You agree not to Commit any criminal offence at the Site or use the Caravan in connection with any criminal activity. Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance. Use any unlawful drugs. Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Sex Offenders Register compiled under the Sex Offenders Act 1997 to use or visit the site.
- Dogs are very welcome though please book them in when making your reservation, the number of dogs permitted is down to the discretion of the site owners. You can only book 3 dogs online so if you have more please phone / email us.
- You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the site. For safety we do not allow dogs off lead.
- You must clean up if your animal defecates and dispose in the designated bins provided which are located throughout the site.
- You agree for your pet not to cause any nuisance, undue noise or disturbance.
- Pets must not be left alone / unattended for any reason and definitely not when you are off site. Constant barking cannot be tolerated as this is unfair to other guests. Only guide or assistance dogs are allowed into the toilet block.
- We welcome you from bringing an assistance dog to the site if this is required to support your disability.
- Ball games are not permitted anywhere on site in order to avoid damage to vehicles, caravans or other property.
- You may not fly kites on the site.
- You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the site.
- You must ensure that all occupants of your Caravan are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point. There are 4 Fire Points on site, in the middle of both the Caravan hard standing field, the Camping grass pitch field, on the perimeter of the playing rally field and in the amenities block. A map showing these locations is displayed on the notice board in the amenities block.
- You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than LPG containers in your caravan.
- Keep under the caravan tidy, not to be used for storage.
- Open fires (with flames such as fire pits are not permitted. Barbecues are acceptable though MUST be off the ground (we will provide the bricks) Please make sure you keep smoke and fumes under control so you don't annoy your neighbours, it is important that everyone is considerate to others.
- Fires in tepee tents are not permitted.
Liability: The site is not liable for any loss of or damage to an Outfit or the contents of such, nor for any actions resulting in death or injury, other than arising from the site, or any of its employees’ or agents’, negligence or other breach of duty.
We ask that if you are unable to take up your site bookings that you give as much notice as possible when cancelling or amending so that we have time to advertise the pitch as available to others. See the Tariff section of our website for refund policy.
SITE RULES: You must comply with the Site Rules Terms and conditions. It may be necessary or desirable to change the Site Rules from time to time including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the site, environmental issues or regulations imposed upon us.
Mr Peter Cullen
Adjacent to York South Caravan Camping Site
Telephone number 07546 652046